Monday, June 4, 2007

We Moved In!

We started moving into our house on Friday! We actually signed escrow papers on my birthday, so now Matt's joking, "What do I get for my birthday?" Hmm, a first home is a tough gift to beat! ;-)

We've been working like maniacs scrubbing the house down (it was filthy!), priming over very strange and poorly executed paint colors, adding an architectural detail to the living room, calling an exterminator (carpenter ants! Eek!), changing out most of the light fixtures... We've got our work cut out for us! It's not a "fixer-upper" but the previous owner's taste was...unusual... and apparently they were do-it-yourselfers who didn't take the time to find out how to do it right, so I have to strip down the kitchen cabinets they restained poorly and the tile backsplash that is installed so badly it's shocking. Basically, we have to redo everything they did to "improve" the home. >:-/ Matt took "before" photos for you guys to see but they didn't really turn out - today I'll take progress photos to show what we're working on.

Ohh... am I ranting? About our wonderful new home that we're so grateful to have? I'm a bad person, I'm sorry. I'm just a tiny bit frustrated with the previous owners. I implore all do-it-yourselfers, please oh please get online and read how to properly do a project before you do it! Or ask me and I'll tell you. :-)

So, that said, I can't wait to see you guys at the housewarming party on July 14th! I'll send out invitations soon. Hopefully the house will be 80% up to our standards by then, but keep in mind, anything that's ugly is not our fault, haha! ;-)

Oh, and if anyone needs an amazing mortgage broker, I'll give you his number. He worked sooooo hard for us and we love him for it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wahoo! Sounds like things are great and your birthday turned out fabulous! I'm so jealous you still get to wear a bikini! hehe! ;0) Justin and I will save the 14th on our calenders, can't wait to see all your hard work!
xxoo