- We got in to my mom's on Wednesday night
- Had lunch on Thursday with my grandma, then that night Dani, Jake, and Eli came over to Mom's for amazing veggie lasagna and a round of Settlers of Cataan,
- I went to the aquarium with Dani and Eli on Friday (while Matt worked) - Oh so much fun! Eli was just amazed. It's wonderful to experience things with a child because everything is so new and so magical!
- I went to the Olympus Spa with Mom on Saturday (Heavenly relaxing place, and free on your birthday! You have to be nude though! Wasn't as weird as you might think, actually.) while Matt snowboarded, then we played Settlers of Cataan with Dani and Little Sarah that night until 3 in the morning (stupid too-tired giggles and all! We're not the partiers we once were...Which is fine with me.)
- Hung out with Dad, Nick, and Sherry on Sunday
- Matt worked and I went to the zoo with Sarah Martin on Monday (There was hardly anyone there and all the animals were so social and relaxed. It was the coolest day at the zoo.)
- Then we packed it up and drove South on Tuesday. It was crazy foggy in the Siskyous mountain pass which was so spooky but we made it! We arrived in California to find that Kristi had emptied her things out of the closet, dressers, and bookshelf so we could put our things away! It was pretty snug in the guest room before so it was a huge relief to put my shoes in the closet etc., and I'm so very grateful for that.
Thursday, January 11, 2007
My visit home
Matt and I drove up to Washington to visit everyone last weekend. We got back to California night before last and I'm already ready to go back home! It was a wonderful time. It's fun visiting your home when you've been away because everyone wants to do something great, not just hang around.