Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Will Someone Please Come Get Me?

Matt and I went to see The Last Mimzy today. I haven't decided how I feel about the movie, but it was set in Seattle. Oh homesickness! Every time they showed the Space Needle or the wonderful clean beaches and mountains it just grabbed me (Kinda funny - they showed them going to Whidbey by way of the Seattle ferry - uh, no! The Seattle ferry doesn't go to Whidbey! Haha.). I am so so so ready to come home but we made a list of unfinished tasks and Matt says it'll take much longer than a week. I want to go home next Tuesday (the 17th) at the latest. I'm done now! Unbeknownst to Matt, I looked into one-way flights to Seattle - about $180, not bad. However, I can imagine Matt would not relish the idea of me leaving without him and it would be kind of cruel to leave him to drive 13 hours alone in an overloaded van with Tink and Lucky. Oh goodness gracious, what's a homesick gypsy to do? Someone just come get me please. ;-)

2 comments:

*Dani* said...

I'll pay for your flight. Come home : )

Oh- and the last mimzy looked really good...it was just mediocre?

Carly Fay said...

Haha, hopefully I won't have to run away without Matt! I know it'd only be a few days without him but it would be mean of me...

I can't decide how I feel about the movie! The little boy in it was an awful actor (mean, Carly! He's just a little boy!) and the concept was good but weird and kinda creepy. It's probably worth renting just b/c it is interesting but I can't decide if it's great or not.