My home is:
- A short drive from the beach
- Exposed to a lot of direct sun
- Walking distance to a park
- In a safe neighborhood with at least a couple great neighbors
- A rambler with a basement
- Easy to renovate
- Perfect for entertaining
- Energy efficient
- 3 bedrooms, 1.75 baths, and space for my office
- A very open and large living room
- A view
- HUGE windows
- Good energy
- A large enough yard for a swing set, 2 fruit trees, and a vegetable and herb garden.
- A big porch
It's a tall order, I know. I have faith that God will put us somewhere wonderful though. It's time to put down roots. As Pastor Tim says, "gotta have roots before you can have fruit!" Of course he's talking about rooting yourself in faith in God but I feel like it applies to this right now. We keep getting "transplanted" from one tiny pot to another and I'm ready for a big roomy orchard, with other nice fruit trees to make friends with.
UPDATE! - We just bought our first house, and we got almost everything on the list. The only things it lacks are the basement, big porch (but the ideal place for a big deck!) and a ready space for my office - we'll have to add that on when we have enough kids to fill up both spare bedrooms, but we'll probably have moved up by then!